Sunday, July 15, 2007

Update on Gram

Mom just called, Dad had talked to Aunt Diane a short time ago. Evidently. Gram was placed on Cardizem (BP/Heart) and she didn't take it, I guess she decided to take one last night. Dad believes that she must have felt something going on at that time and decided to take one.

Her lower part of her heart is not beating right and they have put her on Haldol (narcotic, and to help relax her some). The right side of her mouth is drooping some, but as far as d.ad knows the arm and leg are ok. I guess that she can talk ok, as well.

They also found that she had a urinary tract infection (which can be normal in people her age).

Gram has been mad somewhat since she was in the hospital last time, and said that they should have just left her to die. Well, this time when Aunt Diane found her she told her that she was calling 911. When the paramedics showed up, Gram just gave Aunt Diane that look. Grams stubborn streak is still functioning well. :)

That is all for now. Will keep you updated

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We will be praying for her.. I'll send Dwayne an email and let him know what has happened.. what sweet times though you all have had with her.. I do believe it was a gift from Father to allow you all the time you've had with her....

Love to you all and Sorry to hear of the news.. I do pray she heals and is able to have a little more time.... before going HOME!

love, Mel....