Well, I must tell you that I have been a very STRESSED out mom today. Today was the semi-finals and finals for Trey's soccer. He has learned SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much this year and has improved so much this year. Even though he played last year, he was always stuck in goal and never got to play the field. When he did he was told to "kick the ball to so-and-so" never do anything else with it.
This year, Trey started out at mid-field, didn't do all that great, but we were proud that he was out there. The season started with 2 exhibition games against the 2 other under 14 First Hernando youth teams. Mind you our team had the 2 games the others only played one. Well we won both.
In all, they played 12 season games, 2 more exhibition games, 3 tournament games (last weekend) and a semi-final and final game today. Their record was 20 and 1. They lost their final game. I felt so bad for the team. They played so hard and they were so upset when the lost. (I couldn't blame them, I couldn't sleep last night, and couldn't sit still during the games.) Mom and Dad said, "Now you know how we felt and we had to go through 3 of you all playing.:)
Anyways, back to the goal scoring machine. Trey had improved so much, that they moved him to wing the past 7 games. The first time he scored a goal, he was kinda by himself. The coaches just kept screaming at him, "Shoot, shoot", but no not Trey, he looks around sees that no one is close, dribbles a little closer, fakes out the keeper and scores a point. Yes, I went ballistic. So from there on out, Coach called him "G" for Goal Scoring Machine. The funny thing is that he was calling Trey that and we didn't know, and then Rich started calling him that. Well, he scored a total of 3 points and 3 assists for the rest of the season. 2 of these goals and 2 of the assists were in the playoffs.
The coaches have deemed him the Most Improved Player of the Team. They just couldn't believe how far he has come. So now we are just trying to keep him going and in shape for next season. We hope to get a net built for him in the backyard, so he can keep practicing.
I will post some pictures later. I only got one of him today, I just couldn't stand still long enough to get pictures. Just wanted to let everyone know how he did and that we are so proud of what he has accomplished this season.
Trey wants everyone to know that his number was 3, he scored 3 goals, and had 3 assists. (He finally likes the number 3)
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HEY! Trey! Great job Mr. Man! So with the net set up, you , Timothy and Christopher can get out there and practice and play around this summer. OK? Too cool. Timothy is playing midfield in his tournament this Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes. We will post pictures, so you have to post some!
Great Job! We're all proud over here!
Uncle Dwayne says, Way to Go Trey!
Aunt Melissa says, I'm right with you Colleen ~ I have to stand a bit away from everyone else because I get so excited! :) Trey we are way proud of how much you've worked in soccer! We hope to get to see you play one day in the future!
Kayla says, Good Job and keep up the good work, it can only get better!
And we want to see some pictures so post some soon! :)
who would have known the Hughes Clan had so many Good Soccer Players! :)
Post a Comment